There are times when you feel your mind go blank and you wonder what to write in your blog?
If this is your case, don’t worry, it’s something that usually happens to bloggers. The following tips will help you to know what to write in your blog, when you feel your inspiration is gone.
• Use your context. There are many experiences that you can capture and share in your articles. Things that you find interesting and which you think that add value to people.
• Put yourself in the place of your readers, this is another simple way to find a topic to write about. Thinking about what they need will help you generate content easily and this generates value.
• Take an index of the articles that you post on your blog and link them, in other words, make them a story that will allow you extend each of the chapters.
• Use a structure in your articles and document it in your collaboration guide. This will help you clear your mind without leaving anything important behind. This is similar to the usual questions: what, why, how, when, where.
• Pay attention to details that are very valuable, though few people do it. If you have the issue but you don´t know how to explain it all, what you have to do is document the details.
• For several reasons people don’t read much, so it’s better to write short texts. If the topic is very large, split it into parts or sections and publish them in different times.
• Finally, when you wonder what to write in my blog? Keep in mind that it’s important that you address a topic you’re passionate about. Of course, you should generate content that add value.
In our previous publication “How to name my blog? (I)” we shared with you important tips to keep in mind when choosing a name for your blog.
Today we bring more tips to help you in this task. Take note!
• The originality in the name of your blog is an important aspect to consider, although it may be difficult to be original and simultaneously insert the keyword in the title.
• Learn from others. Look at other successful blogs. Many of them have an easy and generic theme, are strong and highly profitable.
• The network is the ideal place to exploit a market niche. Look at other markets, and try to find an issue that hasn’t been addressed in an efficient way and specialize on it.
• How to name my blog? The domain name is very important to position it and get a good pagerank. If you change the domain constantly you will lose pagerank and sink in search engine positions.
• Avoid using hyphens in the title of your blog, and if possible, register all possible variations like .es, .net and .org. This will help you avoid plagiarism of your content and future conflicts with other pages.
• Before making a decision on how to name my blog, get the opinion of others, and once decided, buy it as soon as possible.
If you’re wondering How to name my blog, the following tips will facilitate the task.
When creating a blog or buying a domain, we have to think of a good name, which may be difficult considering that the number of existing domains is increasing or that the chosen one is already taken.
Take time to find a good name for your blog, because it will be the image, presentation, and the idea, that visitors will have before entering the blog. Don’t forget that an attractive name will spark more curiosity to visit it.
• But … How to name my blog? First, decide what your blog will be and focus on one issue instead of covering many topics. This is more effective in crating loyalty form your visitors.
• Use a short and easy to remember name. It’s best if It´s written as it is pronounced. If people can know what the blog is about just by reading the name, the more likely you will be visited.
• The name of your blog should be equal to the domain name. This is a rule often ignored by people, probably because the search for a suitable domain that has not yet been registered, is a difficult task. If your domain name doesn’t match the name of the blog, you may lose some readers along the way.
• It’s advantageous if your Bogs’ name contains keywords to facilitate indexing in search engines. If your blog is about cars, the title must refer to cars.
When we created a blog, one of the main questions we asked ourselves was: Why my blog doesn’t it appear in Google? Or How do I find my blog in search engines?
If your blog is very new, you must allow time for Google and other search engines index it. The recommendation is to keep posting and have patience because it takes time and effort.
How Do I find my blog on Internet? If you can’t find your blog in search engines, start discarding the simple causes, such as make sure you’ve typed the correct URL, or that your blog has not been deleted.
If you’re wondering How do I find my blog? There are some things you can do for free, to help index your blog. Take note of these tips.
• You can help search engines with Meta-tags, which are a few lines of HTML code that are incorporated into the main page of your blog. These lines tell the search engines that index it, for which terms your blog must be found.
• If your blog is published with a custom domain, make sure you have entered the correct settings for your blog to appear online.
• Add your URL to Google at: http://www.google.es/addurl/
• Add your URL into the Blog Search. Google Blog Search: http://blogsearch.google.com/ping
• You can also do it in other search engines like Yahoo: https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit
• MSN: http://search.msn.com/docs/submit.aspx
• Ask: http://submissions.ask.com/ping?sitemap=http://nombredelblog.blogspot.com/rss.xml
• It’s also useful to register your blog in directories that you can find with a Google search.
Nowadays, there are several applications (web and desktop) for checking your blog and see if everything is working correctly. These include the web service called “Is my blog working?“.
“Is My Blog Working?” is a very interesting tool that helps us in checking our blog. It lets us know if indeed our blog is online, and reports on various technical aspects that give us an indication of its general performance, compatibility with major search engines, among others.
“Is My Blog Working?” gives us a few details on how our RSS Feed is working, if the feed is available, if robots crawl our blog; if search engines indexed us; if the server that hosts the site is up, and other special techniques.
The only thing we must do to check our blog, is to enter the URL into: http://ismyblogworking.com/ and wait a few seconds while the site collects all the information about it.
Is My Blog Working? Additionally offers a list of technical data like the time it takes to generate a page, the response time, transfer rate, etc. As well as three links to validate the HTML of your blog, validate your RSS Feed and check HTTP headers.
Although there are other similar services, “Is My Blog Working?” has an interesting feature; it combines all data in one window, which is more advantageous than using several sites for the same purpose.
Since the mid-2000s, liveblogging has been increasing, and now it has gained acceptance as an online publishing format intended to provide coverage for a current event, similar to live TV or radio. But what is my blog live?
Liveblogging is a powerful method that provides viewers with continuous textual coverage on a live event. It is very powerful because it’s like watching a live event on television. Doing my blog live may seem complicated, but it is not.
Liveblogging will make your blog more exciting, add credibility to future content and will help you connect with your niche market like never before.
What is my blog live? Liveblogging is basically taking pictures, recording lectures, conferences and publishing information in your blog of what was said there. It’s like having a seminar at your site, but you are not the one who gives it.
There are always events that occur in a particular niche or conferences you can attend for the purpose of liveblogging. These blogs are very successful and you can make money fast with them in Google.
How can I make my blog load faster? is a common question. If your blog site takes forever to load, then you should read these tips.
Did you know that Google is serious about how fast your blog loads, and this has a direct effect on Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? There is also a phrase that says “A slow loading blog = An unread blog”, because when someone finds a blog that is loading slow, the most probably is that he or she moves to another blog or Google for something new, which is bad if you want to hook new readers and keep your loyal fans.
So, How can I make my blog load faster? There are several simple tricks or techniques to improve load times of your blog and make it load faster.
• Post per page
Having all the posts at the beginning of the blog is a practice widely used by bloggers but this makes your blog load slower. Its recommended to limit your shown posts to something under 10. The fewer items shown on the first page, the less time your blog will take to load.
Very large images slow down the loading process. You can optimize your images, edit, crop, resize, without losing the original quality, offering the same result for the reader.
Resize your images before uploading them as part of your blog post, this will reduce their overall weight and save your readers time having to download these large image files.
If you use images from other sites or you have a large number of images to show, it’s advisable to upload them to Picasa, a free software that helps you organize, edit, and share your photos. Then you can put a link to the album in the post or the sidebar.
Don’t use many scripts because they slow the pages’ loading process. Use only if necessary or if they’re official scripts created by your blog. The same goes for widgets. A lot of cool little widgets that people put on their blogs take a lot of time to load up.
• Auto-load videos
Videos are super cool, but instead of having them load automatically, have the player available for people to click on if they should want to.
You should consider that the larger your blog becomes, the more attention you will have to pay to making your blog load faster.
• Don’t forget Search Engine Optimization
When you write your blog posts, remember to optimize your pages for search engines to find them. You must include relevant keywords and links but don’t overload your posts with too many relevant or irrelevant keywords, this may cause you to be considered spam and your blog could be removed from Google’s search entirely.
• Keep your blog clean and clear
Don’t put heavy banners and ads everywhere. Some links and banners placed strategically in places that produce good results is the best option, although in this respect you must be careful. Always remember to make the navigation steps correct and easy to follow for readers.
• Promote your messages by following a daily plan of action
You should create an action plan for promoting your blog content. To make a plan and being consistent is the key. With either free or paid methods, you can use tools like OnlyWire, or ContentBuzz TribePro to automate the process.
• Automates the process of exchange
If your site is hosted by WordPress, there are many plugins that will help you to automate the processes of promotion. They make the job easier, especially if you’re doing a lot of things manually. You can share on Facebook and Twitter automatically. You can ping your messages automatically so that Google knows you have posted new content. Pinging your blog feed is a great and free way to get traffic.
Here are some easy tips to help you attract more visitors to your blog.
• Transform Your Comments in Articles
One of the best ways to promote a website or a blog is to write articles and submit them to article’s directories. This strategy also works for blogs.
• Take advantage of the Comments
An essential way to increase your blog’s traffic is commenting. This will show your readers that you value their opinions and will increase reader loyalty. Respond to comments left on your blog and hold a two-way conversation. Leave comments on other blogs to drive new traffic. Many people will read the comments left on a blog post. Make sure you leave meaningful comments that invite people to click on your link to read more.
• Submit your blog to search directories
Blogs have their own search engines and directories. An inbound link from a blog directory can help improve position in search engines dramatically. You can find blog directories by searching the Web.
• Use and Update Your Blogroll
Blogroll is a collection of selected links that appear on most blogs, often pointing to other blogs that the author likes and commonly refers to them. It’s an easy way to get the link to your blog in front of many readers on other blogs. By adding links to other sites you like in your blogroll, the owners of those blogs will find yours and could add a reciprocal link on their own blogrolls.
• Install “Email this post”
If you use “Email This Post” on your blog, readers will be able to forward your posts to their friends. This probably doesn’t have an immediate impact on your blog stats, but it enables others to publicize your blog for you.
There are many tips that can help drive traffic to your blog. Follow these simple tips to increment your blog visits and increase the number of potential readers.
• Optimize the tags
Tags are easily noticed by search engines. To improve the visibility of your articles you must make proper use of tags. Don’t abuse of them and concentrate on those that really matter. Tags also help readers find your blog when they perform searches on popular blog search engines.
• Write Well and Write Often
The first step to building your blog’s audience is updating your blog with useful content. To maintain the interest and loyalty of your readers, make sure you have something meaningful to say to them and say it often. Remember that the content you write is what will keep readers coming back for more.
• Improves permalinks
Ensure that your blog permanent links are clear and provide the necessary information. The URL’S must be friendly with search engines showing the categories, the name of the post or the date that it was published.
• Use internal links
When you write a post reminder make internal links that point to the labels or categories of your blog, for example. The anchor text (text that appears in the link), should include keywords that are referenced by the content that you are linking to. This way you will get the reader to spend more time on your blog and also he will become a returning user if the content is of interest.
• Create a site map
Search engines will find your blog quickly and effectively, if you create a map of your blog that updates automatically when you add new content. If you use WordPress as a publishing platform, you can use the following plugin: Google Sitemap Generator, which will greatly ease you’re work load.